Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2, 2011 - Teresina Brasil Week 8 - Mission Week 34

Querido Familia,

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

So, I will be calling home for Mother´s day because I don´t really know where we will be making the call. Will that mean you pay for it if I call or what exactly happens... I won´t know though because Mother´s day is next Sunday so I guess we´ll find out? I just hope everything works out. This is different having Mother´s day the 8th day of May, and having transfers, (I am not transferred, I think... Pretty sure I am not) but this has been an eventful week.

My count for weird foods has gone up too... In Texas I ate Cow Stomach, Rattle Snake, and Frog Legs, and since entering Brasil I have had some pretty weird foods as well. The food here though is really really good!

This past week we had another Baptism, Sandra, Carlos´s cousin. She has already been doing missionary work too. She invited her friend to her baptism, who now also has a date to be baptised and she received an answer to her prayers about the book of Mormon. It is amazing to see the changes that the gospel brings in people.

So where were the Tornados that were in the United States? I heard about those, and also that Osama Bin Laden finally got caught and killed. That is a pretty surreal event to have happen. I keep thinking though about what it says in the Book of Mormon that secret combinations destroyed the people of Nephi, and just how secret combinations would be around all the time and would be the cause of destruction among various countries in the world.

Cool thing Dad, I met a guy from France here, and he lives near Toulouse (I hope I spelled that right.) He spoke French, (Obviously), Portuguese, Spanish, and English. At first I only knew that he spoke French and Portuguese, but then I asked him about his Portuguese and he named the other languages and started speaking in English. It was a really cool experience, although we didn't get to talk about the gospel. It was neat though that he lives probably in the area that your mission covers!

I saw a huge turtle this past week too at an investigator´s house. It was cool, but I didn´t have my camera on me. I also still have not managed to get a picture of that monkey!

Did you watch Ben-Hur on Easter? I forgot to ask about that. That was kind of a movie that we would watch every Easter. We got to watch the Lamb of God with some people which was nice, and occasionally we get to watch the Testaments, or another church movie with some people that we are teaching here, but not too often.

I got Oma and Papa´s letter on Friday. Our Zone Leaders came to our area and we got mail that day! Hooray! First letter in Brasil! I really appreciated it, and I will send a reply when I get a chance to. The postal system is very very different here than in the states.

This past week has been especially hot. Differently here, than where my cousin Ricky is serving. I think all of our areas have a washer-like thing. But I have washed things by hand here too. That sounds like a time taking p-day activity though! O_o sounds like a cool area that Ricky is serving in. Literally cooler too than Teresina! Hah.

Well I don´t have as much to say this week, I am excited for the Mother´s day call next Sunday! I´ll get stuff ready to say for that! :D

Love you lots, I miss you all, and thank you for your prayers and support.

Love,

Elder Phillip Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment