Friday, October 22, 2010

Oct 22, 2010 - MTC Week 6 - Mission Week 6

From: Phillip Larsen phillip.larsen@myldsmail.net
Date: Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Subject: Week 6


Boa Tarde!
So its the start of week 6 here in the MTC. Feels kind of weird that we have 3 weeks left of classes here before we go off into the field, and whether or not we go to Brasil straight away, I don't know but it is in the Lord's hands.

This past week, on Tuesday we were blessed to hear from an apostle at the devotional, and it's a bit funny because it was Elder Russel M. Nelson again! That is the 3rd time I have heard from him in person, and I was also singing in the MTC choir for that devotional. Singing really brought me back to High School, Concert Choir time and such. I really liked it and I could feel the spirit. It's also neat that an elder in another district in our zone is Elder Nelson's grandson! Its crazy how many people here are related to General authorities of the Church!

Yesterday, at the TRC (where we teach an "investigator") we spoke in complete Portuguese! It was so cool, although I didn't do too well on the section about food... Oh well O_o We taught the same Investigator that we taught at the first TRC. It was a good teaching experience and I could feel the spirit.

Getting a haircut today finally! Gosh it has been difficult signing up for an appointment here at the MTC. There are like a billion other elders who also want haircuts, and a billion who have the same P-day as us because they are also visa waiters.

The weather here has been very hot, preparing us to go to Brasil, and we've played a lot of soccer! I am surprised at how well I can actually play. I am not really that good but I enjoy it very much. Our district plays sports together with other districts and it is a good time to release. We also got a nerf basket ball net in our room so we play that every once in a while. We did play hacki sack but then the guy who directs our room said we couldn't because the building was set apart... I dunno it was kind of annoying but we don't play that anymore in the hallways.

I have been grasping the language pretty well over the past few weeks. This week we tried to do a 3 day English fast, it went pretty well. The words we knew we used to make sentences instead of just spouting off memorized sentences and we are actually talking to each other! We did speak english in classes, and there have been times where we didn't do our best at speaking portuguese the whole time but we did a lot of speaking never the less!

I've been sick a few days now, I had a really bad sore throat, it is getting better though. I have a nasty cough still, and I think I might have a sinus infection again but it isn't that annoying.

Well I don't really feel like I have much to say this week. It has been the same as other weeks. The schedule here has become habit and it is easy to get through the day when you know what you're going to do. Our district has grown really close, and I hope kind of that we'll stay here for the whole MTC experience because I would like to see Mike before I head out to Brasil but we'll see.

I love you lots and miss home. I hope everything is going well in NH and that the leaves have changed! I look forward to hearing from you! Love you Mom, Dad, Heather, Standford, Bradford, Julia, and Winston!

Love,

-Elder Phillip Larsen


Elder Smith got Halloween decorations and the letters spelled "Happy Halloween" and with a few tweaks we were able to do this! Love you mom!


This is our residence hall building I am in front of. I have since had a haircut.


May the force be with you! Some fun pictures we took with primitive photoshop!


Look at my mighty muscles! Some more primitive photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment